About Me

My photo
I believe it's important to share what goes on in our minds. Otherwise our heads may implode.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Changes

Today the nephew is moving out and into his own apt with a couple of friends.  I'm very excited for him but simultaneously a wee sad.  I've shared a bathroom with him over the months and although his daily living skills vary from mine (since he's still basically a very young guy and hasn't evolved as we all due with age), I will miss him.  He's quite an interesting lad I must say and I have enjoyed cohabiting with him. 

As my nephew moves on, I know that the time is getting closer for me as well to do the same.  I'm excited about my upcoming changes and also a little bit...mm...concerned(?).  It's challenging to start all over at this age and to take this leap of faith (yet again) is both liberating and scary.  There is much to do but things seem to work out.  I am a big believer in Divine Order.  I'm heading to Seattle soon and then across the country to my home state of Michigan where I spent the first 35 years of my life.  I look forward to seeing new land in my travels and cannot wait for all the wonderful experiences with my family that await me!

Off to the airport I go shortly to pick up my cousin and his family.  They're coming back from a trip with their immediate family and now I have the privilege of spending some time (albeit brief) with them.  The energy of 3 little kids and their parents is something I am really looking forward to.  :) 

1 comment:

  1. love your blog. btw, i can send you the recipe for the apple tart. it's delish with coffee!

    ReplyDelete