About Me

My photo
I believe it's important to share what goes on in our minds. Otherwise our heads may implode.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Landed

I have made my trek across the country and after 1200 miles to WA, a trip to my storage unit, a yard sale (in the rain) for 3 days, a donation of at least half of what I owned some local drug rehab houses and the Goodwill, another trek of 2500 miles (trailer in tow), I have landed in MI.  I am very grateful that I made the trip safely and without incident.  Thank you Universe.  I am staying with a friend that I have known since I was about 16 years old and although there is a great deal of familiarity with being here in MI once again, there is a strange sense of...hmmmm...not really belonging.  I guess it's just because I have been away for so many years and my relationships with people here are different obviously then what they once were.  I've only been here just over a week but I have seen several members of my family and had dinner with a friend last night.  It's been good.  I went out for ice cream with my bro one night and I got to spend some time with my mom last week going to the produce store and then out for a little shopping at TJ Maxx.  We had a great time and I enjoyed every moment of it.  It is the small errands and get-togethers that are of great significance to me and the sole reason for my move back here.  I look forward to more of these experiences, especially with my family.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment